Location: Waltham, MA
Palleon Pharmaceuticals is seeking a Controller to lead and manage the accounting/finance operations. Reporting to the VP of Finance and Operations, the Controller will be the first full-time member of the Finance and Accounting Team. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter who wishes to build a best-in-class function and contribute to the development of novel biologics in a growing organization. The Controller will be a high-profile position with the opportunity to innovate in an entrepreneurial and high growth environment.
- Lead the accounting operations of the company, including developing and maintaining an adequate system of accounting records/policies and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results.
- Ensure the company’s reported results conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements and monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Interface with financial institutions, external auditors and advisors.
- Oversee the independent valuation and year-end independent financial statement audit.
- Oversee the purchasing to payables process.
- Administer payroll, equity programs and company capitalization table.
- Assist the VP of Finance and Operations in generating annual operating budgets, quarterly forecasts, cash flow models, and Board-level and management reports.
- Assist in developing performance metrics.
- Provide strategic accounting support and analysis of key business development initiatives and partnerships.
- As required, take the lead on preparing and readying the organization for SEC standards, including reporting, compliance and implementation of Sarbanes Oxley.
- Manage the company’s tax reporting and state filing requirements.
- Assist in certain Treasury responsibilities including cash management, investment policy compliance and insurance.
- Design and lead ERP and equity management systems implementation.
- S. in Accounting, or in Finance with a heavy concentration in Accounting.
- 10+ years of experience in corporate and/or general accounting.
- Public Accounting experience and CPA preferred.
- Experience with systems implementations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build cross-functional relationships to drive business results and process improvement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of professionalism with internal and external stakeholders.
Who We Are:
Palleon Pharmaceuticals is the leading biotechnology company developing drugs that target glycan-mediated immune regulation to treat cancer and inflammatory diseases. The company’s proprietary platforms integrate technologies and insights from global scientific leaders in the glyco-immunology field to overcome historical scientific hurdles and create novel therapeutics for devastating diseases characterized by immune system dysfunction. Palleon’s lead program in oncology, an enzymatic sialoglycan degrader for T cell exhaustion in cancer, is expected to enter clinical testing in 2021. The company has several other drug discovery programs underway in disease areas where glycan-mediated immune regulation plays a role, including inflammatory diseases such as autoimmunity and fibrosis. Palleon was launched in 2015. The company recently raised a $100 million Series B financing from leading investors Matrix Capital Management, Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), SR One, Pfizer Ventures, Vertex Ventures HC, Takeda Ventures and AbbVie Ventures. Learn more at www.palleonpharma.com.